Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Gtechniq
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27-07-2011, 06:45 AM   #1
BMWgeek
Sponge Jockey

Just used Gtechniq C1 - Very Easy To Apply

So I finally used my bottle of C1 today. Did a whole coupe and still have almost half a bottle left.

I used 1 drop per 2' x 2' area sometimes almost 3'x3' area. It spreads very easy especially on a fresh appilcator.

I find that the applicator is good for 2 panels then it starts to get hard. Fresh applicator is best but I didn't have that many applicators so I had to make some judgement on how many to reserve for my G1 glass application.

It is best to go over the applied panel right away with a microfiber cloth. I fold my cloth into 4 usable squares (8 including the other side of the towel). I use 1 square to go over right away to remove the excess product and then the other side to buff it completely.

When I was doing the hood I wanted to see if I finish the entire hood then remove with the microfiber if it will be easy. It became hard to remove, very "grabby"on the towel. So it is best to apply small sections and remove right away.

As long as I have good lighting it is very easy to see where it is spreading, even on a white colored car. The yellow Gtechniq towels were not bad too. It is best using short nap towels, plush not that great. The towels were soaked in a bucket of citrus solution right after so I hope they are still soft after I machine wash it later.

Now I just have to wash the car tomorrow and see how it beads.
BMWgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BMWgeek For This Useful Post:
chillly (27-07-2011), Yellow Dave (27-07-2011)
Old 27-07-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
CraigQQ
Pass The Sandpaper. . .

Thanked 4,622 Times in 3,686 Posts
Garage
you wont be disappointed.. it beads like crazy!!

the sheeting.... MY GOD!! you can't get it wet!!
even when the cars dirty it sheets like nothing youll ever see!!
CraigQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CraigQQ For This Useful Post:
Mike-93 (27-07-2011)
Old 27-07-2011, 08:24 AM   #3
gally
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,212 Times in 1,505 Posts
Garage
I was erm rather shocked when Craig showed me the sheeting.
gally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 08:27 AM   #4
gtechrob
Gtechniq UK

Thanked 3,321 Times in 1,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWgeek View Post
So I finally used my bottle of C1 today. Did a whole coupe and still have almost half a bottle left.

I used 1 drop per 2' x 2' area sometimes almost 3'x3' area. It spreads very easy especially on a fresh appilcator.

I find that the applicator is good for 2 panels then it starts to get hard. Fresh applicator is best but I didn't have that many applicators so I had to make some judgement on how many to reserve for my G1 glass application.

It is best to go over the applied panel right away with a microfiber cloth. I fold my cloth into 4 usable squares (8 including the other side of the towel). I use 1 square to go over right away to remove the excess product and then the other side to buff it completely.

When I was doing the hood I wanted to see if I finish the entire hood then remove with the microfiber if it will be easy. It became hard to remove, very "grabby"on the towel. So it is best to apply small sections and remove right away.

As long as I have good lighting it is very easy to see where it is spreading, even on a white colored car. The yellow Gtechniq towels were not bad too. It is best using short nap towels, plush not that great. The towels were soaked in a bucket of citrus solution right after so I hope they are still soft after I machine wash it later.

Now I just have to wash the car tomorrow and see how it beads.

it's easy when you are jedi

sounds like you really got the handle on it there. problem is that outside dw most folk don't read instructions or have an understanding of product application, get into a panic and end up with a car covered in crystal smears that then need machine polishing off.

we have some new n improved microfibres for the buffing which are a lot better than the yellow ones and for very similar money. will be updating the website soon - yellow ones will be being dropped completely. but as you say, long pile mfs are pretty hopeless at removing residue. apart from dusting duties, we've never been big fans of long pile mfs.
gtechrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 08:28 AM   #5
CraigQQ
Pass The Sandpaper. . .

Garage
im with you rob.. for 90% of jobs i use short pile..

only thing i use long pile for these days is buffing wax or QD.. but thats gone now i have c1

can't wait to see these new mf's....
Old 27-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #6
E38_ross
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
another person who found C1 as easy as me it really isn't hard, but agree about the "outside DW folk".

if Rob put it as public use, and any joe bloggs got it chances are they'd **** it up and then rob has the hassle of having to sort it out. shame, as if the instructions are followed it works like a treat. my car is getting dirty now, but it hasn't been cleaned since april. shame on me i know, will be done when i'm next back home end of august!
E38_ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #7
CraigQQ
Pass The Sandpaper. . .

Garage
bloody hell ross

just go to a local garage, spray it down with just water from the jet wash lol
Old 27-07-2011, 09:11 AM   #8
E38_ross

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigQQ View Post
bloody hell ross

just go to a local garage, spray it down with just water from the jet wash lol
heh - that's a good point actually. i don't have ANY detailing stuff (except 2 MF cloths!!!) with me at uni here, maybe i should have bought some trouble is, the car is parked right next to a railway line and even if i wipe the glass down after 1 day you can already see a layer of dust on it. this means the paint is covered in dust now, except the side panels. despite this though, the water still beads (though relatively weakly on the horizontal panels - the side ones are still going fine!).

there is a local tesco who has a jet wash, may give it a quick spray later if i get time

i feel ashamed of myself!! my DW inner-self is screaming to get out with a couple of buckets
Old 27-07-2011, 05:14 PM   #9
st33ly
Washmitt Meister

So will rob sell it to non professional DW members then as i fancy doing my car but can't buy it as am not a pro.
st33ly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #10
E38_ross

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by st33ly View Post
So will rob sell it to non professional DW members then as i fancy doing my car but can't buy it as am not a pro.
you'll have to send him a PM. i suspect you'll have to say (or something to the effect of) that you accept total liability if you **** it up.

just follow the instructions and you'll be fine. note, it also says don't apply in direct sunlight or on hot surfaces. it is pretty much a wipe on wipe off product. thin layers, no more than 1/2 a panel at a time really and you'll be dandy.