Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 08-07-2021, 01:57 PM   #1
Ami-Jane
Sponge Jockey

Pyramid Ceramic

Hi

Question regarding the premium or pro ceramic.

Been reading this is easy to apply, cures quickly etc. Just wondered what it’s like to actually live with?

Is the maintenance easy enough, still glossy, sheeting? The durability still good after a period??
Ami-Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 02:37 PM   #2
WHIZZER
T-Cut King (admin)

Thanked 20,798 Times in 7,580 Posts
Garage
dont forget to use DW15 - for a discount
Old 08-07-2021, 02:54 PM   #3
straight6hatch
Orbital Oracle

Yes, yes and yes

I was very kindly gifted a bottle of their Premium (Pro is reserved for just that - the Pros) and its brilliant. Easiest ceramic ive used by far.

Living with its much like any other ceramic ive used really. Beads amazingly well and repels dirt quite well. It doesnt sheet like other but its been on my other halfs daily for only about 5 months now. Again, cant comment on durability but its showing no signs of stopping!
straight6hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 04:58 PM   #4
Ami-Jane
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHIZZER View Post
dont forget to use DW15 - for a discount
Found a pro that can put on the new car for me just doing research into the actual product but thank you 😉

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6hatch View Post
Yes, yes and yes

I was very kindly gifted a bottle of their Premium (Pro is reserved for just that - the Pros) and its brilliant. Easiest ceramic ive used by far.

Living with its much like any other ceramic ive used really. Beads amazingly well and repels dirt quite well. It doesnt sheet like other but its been on my other halfs daily for only about 5 months now. Again, cant comment on durability but its showing no signs of stopping!
Interesting about the sheeting - when you say repels dirt "quite well" you found better products??
Old 08-07-2021, 05:02 PM   #5
straight6hatch
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami-Jane View Post
Found a pro that can put on the new car for me just doing research into the actual product but thank you 😉

Interesting about the sheeting - when you say repels dirt "quite well" you found better products??
I should probably have phrased that slightly better if im honest with you. I said 'quite well' as a cautious comment. Im not really someone that monitors how well a product repels dirt as, simply put, I wash my cars quite a lot

I live right by the sea and so we get a huge amount of salt. Rough sea + wind = regular car washing. That said, my other halfs car (wearing the PCC Ceramic) has done pretty dang well considering its not been washed in about 2 weeks and we have had some horrendous weather. Not really sure that helps you but theres my 2p
Old 08-07-2021, 05:08 PM   #6
Ami-Jane
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
I should probably have phrased that slightly better if im honest with you. I said 'quite well' as a cautious comment. Im not really someone that monitors how well a product repels dirt as, simply put, I wash my cars quite a lot

I live right by the sea and so we get a huge amount of salt. Rough sea + wind = regular car washing. That said, my other halfs car (wearing the PCC Ceramic) has done pretty dang well considering its not been washed in about 2 weeks and we have had some horrendous weather. Not really sure that helps you but theres my 2p
That's great thanks 👍 after every 2p lol

I'm also right by the sea so that is very handy to know!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ami-Jane For This Useful Post:
straight6hatch (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 09:13 AM   #7
straight6hatch
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
That's great thanks 👍 after every 2p lol

I'm also right by the sea so that is very handy to know!!
Id have said its cracking for being by the sea. Ceramic is definitely the way to go if you want less maintenance. I havent ceramic coated mine as I love messing about with different products too much

Are you planning on applying DIY or getting a pro to do it?
Old 09-07-2021, 01:30 PM   #8
Ami-Jane
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Id have said its cracking for being by the sea. Ceramic is definitely the way to go if you want less maintenance. I havent ceramic coated mine as I love messing about with different products too much

Are you planning on applying DIY or getting a pro to do it?
I like messing around with products and the car, just thinking want that extra protection for this new car coming.

Will be looking to get a pro to do it which is why might be able to swing the "pro" version of the ceramic
straight6hatch (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 02:58 PM   #9
straight6hatch
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
I like messing around with products and the car, just thinking want that extra protection for this new car coming.

Will be looking to get a pro to do it which is why might be able to swing the "pro" version of the ceramic
Changing the topic slightly, Infinity Wax have just released some footage of a 'Lite' ceramic that a friend showed me. It looks insanely good for how easy application is. 12 months estimated life and it could be a great way for you to get a really good base of protection but still allow you to play around with different products. I think its not released yet but depending on when your new wheels arrive, it could be worth looking at.

What car do you have coming??
Old 09-07-2021, 05:52 PM   #10
Ami-Jane
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Changing the topic slightly, Infinity Wax have just released some footage of a 'Lite' ceramic that a friend showed me. It looks insanely good for how easy application is. 12 months estimated life and it could be a great way for you to get a really good base of protection but still allow you to play around with different products. I think its not released yet but depending on when your new wheels arrive, it could be worth looking at.

What car do you have coming??
Think I am going to go down the ceramic route 👍 seen a good video of this product on YouTube - just be nice to have some actual experiences of day to day use.

Got a TTS coming. Had Cupra’s the last 16 years so will be a nice change 😊
straight6hatch (10-07-2021)